As a locally owned and operated business, The Oven Press advocates for the enhancement of our community through the art that we share. However, we are also engaged in community outreach projects to carry our message of empowerment to those who are the most vulnerable, such as our homeless population. Therefore, we are collecting non-perishable food items, bedding, clothing, shoes, etc. to donate to individuals and families. If you are interested in donating please message us throughout the year, as this project is on-going.
A study conducted in 2015 found that 18% of Sacramento’s total population suffered from homelessness (sacramentostepsforward.org). This report also found the following statistics:
· 14% of homeless adults are Veterans
· 15% of homeless people are youth and young adults, under age 24
· 15% of adults reported that domestic violence contributed to their homelessness
· 25% of homeless adults have a substance use disorder
· 26% of homeless adults have a serious mental illness
As this report shows, homelessness is a widespread and complex issue facing our community. Further, this report shows that homelessness affects people like you and us, such as our youth.
If you or someone you know is suffering with homelessness, a list of resources is available by:
· Telephone: Dial 2-1-1
· Online: http://www.sachousingalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Peoples-Guide-FINAL-Englsh-April-22-2014.pdf
A special thank you to all who have donated thus far!!!